A Compact Power Source Ideal For Mobile Applications
Aimed to bridge the gap between Mastervolt’s most compact Li-Ion battery, the MLS series, and its high-capacity sister, the MLI Ultra, the new MLI-E is a fast-charging mid-size battery offering long life and deep-cycle discharge in a compact waterproof case.
Mastervolt, the Dutch-based pioneer of off-grid power systems, is pleased to announce the arrival of the first of the new MLI-E series of Lithium Ion batteries, the MLI-E 12/1200, a 12-Volt battery offering 1200 Watt-hours of energy (90 Amp-hours).
By using the very safe Lithium Iron Phosphate chemistry, the MLI-E saves up to 70% in space and weight, recharges in less than an hour and can discharge 80% of its capacity up to 5,000 times without damage, a lifespan that is ten times longer than an equivalent lead acid battery. This makes it ideal for mobile applications, and for powering small electric motors for propulsion.
A battery management system is incorporated into the casing. This BMS manages each cell independently protecting it from excessive discharge, overcharging and overheating. The electronics also ensure that each cell is charged in the optimum way, allowing for a very fast recharge time, ideal for mobile applications.
With no need to wire in an additional safety relay, the MLI-E series makes an easy to install, and straight swap for a conventional lead acid battery bank.
As another benefit to electric propulsion, where range is crucial, the MLI-E also offers integrated battery monitoring. Sensors relay details about the general status of the battery, including the state of charge and time remaining. The battery has CAN communication which allows the MLI-E to seamlessly integrate with Mastervolt products or other electrical components within an electrical system. The optional EasyView 5 display will delivers all readouts via its customizable touchscreen.
Hands-on Monitoring is also possible via Bluetooth, and by LED indicators set into the battery itself, which inform the user about the state of charge.
Long lasting power in a small package
Enclosed within a waterproof case that is both compact and practical, with large fold down carry handles, this is a high performance battery based on proven technology. Equivalent in size to the popular mobile lead acid service batteries, it can recharge within an hour, and offers a deep-cycle delivery ideally suited to applications requiring long life and automatic monitoring and management.
- Compact, practical size similar to the LN5 – Group 49, H8 standard.
- Very long lifespan with high efficiency.
- Fully rechargeable within one hour.
- Straightforward replacement for most existing lead-acid batteries.
- Integrated monitoring for reliable battery status information.
- Quick installation and commissioning. No maintenance needed.
- Monitoring via a Bluetooth app.
- CANbus communication for automated and intelligent energy system integration.
- Safe and proven Lithium Ion chemistry (LiFePO4).
- Model: MLI-E 12/1200
- Size: 353 x 175 x 190 mm (13.9 x 6.9 x 7.5 in)
- Weight: 12.5 kg (27.6 lb)
- Nominal voltage: 12 V
- No load voltage: 13.2 V
- Nominal capacity: 90 Ah
- Nominal energy capacity: 1200 Wh
- Max charge current: 90 A
- Continuous discharge current: 200 A
- Peak discharge current: 350 A for 30 secs
- Cycle life: up to 5,000 cycles
- Terminals: Automotive or M8 hexagon
- Communication: CAN, Bluetooth, LED indicators,
- Compatible with: MasterBus and CZone via EasyView 5
- Protection degree: IP65
- Safety protection: Over voltage, under voltage, over temperature
- Parallel connection: Unlimited
- Included: 2 x automotive battery pole, 2 x M8 bolt, hex tool, manual on USB